Environmental Services COVID-19 Information & Updates
Update: April 9 - Brush and bulky waste pickup resuming today
There was a lot of brush and bulky waste out for curbside pickup yesterday, and work will continue today in order to service the entire city. Thank you for your patience as we work to complete the remaining routes. If you have any questions, please call utility billing customer service at 817-276-4200.
Update: April 7 - A message for landscape companies regarding yard waste
Curbside pickup of leaves, brush and limbs has been limited to pickup on WEDNESDAYS ONLY until further notice. Bagged grass will not be picked up. Read more about what to do with landscaping yard waste.
Update: April 3
- Brush, limbs, yard debris and twigs will be collected if tied in bundles no more than 4 feet in length, and weighing approximately 50 pounds or less each.
- For grass clippings, we ask you to consider using it as mulch to keep out of the truck, or have your landscaper remove it.
- If you have brush or bulky waste that can wait for disposal at a later date, hang on to it until the City is able to reschedule Chunk Your Junk Day or when normal pickup schedules resume.
- This service is limited and may not reach the entire city in one day. If your items are not picked up, please be patient, and we will do our best to accommodate pickup the following week.
- This service is subject to change so be sure to check the City’s website for schedule changes and updates.
Free Online Education Resources
Are you looking for ways to keep your kids busy during this extended school break? The Water and Environmental Education team wants to help you learn more about the importance of water and taking care of the environment with these free online resources.
Update as of March 24, 10 a.m., regarding curbside brush/bulky trash pickup
Curbside pickup of grass, leaves, brush and limbs is temporarily suspended until further notice. With more people staying at home, there will be an increase in trash generation. In the meantime, here is what you can do to to help keep grass, leaves, brush and bulky waste out of the trash:
- Mulch grass and leaves and leave it on your lawn, or use as compost in your yard and garden beds
- If you use a landscape service, and they take your bagged leaves/grass, continue to bag them for the landscaper to remove
- Hang on to any bagged grass/leaves until regular schedules resume
- For limbs and bulky items, please keep until we are able to reschedule the Chunk Your Junk event
If you have any questions about curbside brush/bulky trash pickup, please call 817-276-4200.
A message from Republic regarding trash and recycling
Officials at Republic Services are asking all customers to keep trash and other materials secure in plastic bags for collection to reduce potential risk to crews.
Customers should place all materials in plastic bag and not in boxes or other unsecured receptacles, making sure the bags are secured tightly to prevent the scattering of waste materials. This also applies to customers who use trash cans or carts. Materials should not be placed loosely into trash cans or carts.
Recycling materials should continue to be placed in the rolling bins. Do not bag recycling materials.
Republic Services is also requesting that residents refrain from placing large amounts of bulk and yard waste out for collection at this time. Crews are expecting an increase in residential trash volumes during the current public health emergency.
"Our focus is to maintain the collection of normal household materials that might pose a health risk to our workers and the community at large," officials said. "We know this places an imposition on our customers, but we believe these changes are necessary given the current situation."
Chunk Your Junk & Shred Day 4/4 - Postponed to a future date TBD
April Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Dates 4/16, 4/17, 4/18 - Canceled
Creekside Cleanup - Canceled
Earth Day Mansfield - Canceled
Environmental Collection Center - recycling dumpster drop-off is closed until further notice